Monday, August 26, 2013

Rosemary cod with plum-tomato sauce and roasted red potatoes

I can't believe it. I'm leaving in four day for Europe. As such I must have at least one or two home cooked meals before I leave. I found this delightful and easy recipe in Better Homes and Gardens. I threw the potatoes together with the same ingredients plus fresh garlic and shallots because I had them and needed to use them.

Ingredients for fish:
6 plums, halved pitted and chopped
1 lb tomatoes, chopped.
1/2 cup malt vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 to 2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary plus 1 sprig
1 Tbsp butter
4 5 to 6 oz cod fillets
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper



1. in a large bowl combine plums, tomatoes, vinegar, lemon juice, fish sauce, 1 Tbsp of oil and 2 tsp rosemary. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 mins
2. In a large skillet heat butter, remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and rosemary sprig over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to the skillet. Cook about 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork (turn once halfway through cooking)
3. Transfer fish to a platter and spoon plum-tomato sauce over.

Ingredients for potatoes:
6 red potatoes quartered
Fresh rosemary
3 cloves chopped garlic
2 shallots rough chopped
Toss with olive oil
Kosher salt
In a 9 x 13 dish, bake at 350 for 45 mins



Notes:
I used heirlooms because they add a little burst of color, but you can use any kind you like or have on hand.
I added potatoes to the dish for a little starch
The tomatoes and plums need to sit for 30 minutes so I did the potatoes while they were getting their flavor blend on

No comments:

Post a Comment