Friday, August 9, 2013

Corporate by day, wanna be chef by weeknight and weekend…

...And by chef I mean cooker, entertainer and food lover, I am by no means a chef.  To pay the bills I work for the man. I develop software and then I market it. I actually enjoy what I do and I’m still learning a lot, but I’ve also found some other interests along the way that don’t pay the bills. Maybe someday they will, maybe they won’t’ but what’s there to lose in sharing what I love most; especially in this day and age of information sharing.

Four years ago I started cooking and three years ago; traveling abroad. Both have changed my life forever. I would have never imagined having such a passion or rather addiction to both and now I can’t imagine life without either.  I’ve been thinking about creating this blog for quite some time. I haven’t until now mostly because I was scared. But a few things have set a little fire under me:
  1. I’m seriously addicted to cooking. I can’t stop. Even after a 12 hour day, when I tell myself I’m going to go home and relax and just eat left overs or do something simple I end up finding something that I need to try. It’s a little out of hand, yet somehow I find it relaxing, minus the cleanup.
  2. Sharing is caring. I read a ton – for both business and personal. I wouldn’t know half of what I know if it weren’t for the various sources of really good and free information.  So it’s my turn to share.
  3. I’m taking a trip soon to the place that I have somewhat of an inappropriate relationship with, Europe. I would categorize it as a love affair. I’ve gone every year for the past three years and while my goal is to venture outside of it next year – I can almost guarantee that I might get “stuck” there on a 17 hour layover or something. I’ll suffer through it. At any rate – I better have my blog up by then so I can share my travel (and food) adventures.
  4. My mentors and friends who continually reinforce and encourage me (thank you). We are our worst enemy, so I’m attempting to let go of the perfectionist in me and just have fun with this. 

So, everyone, please enjoy and EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment