Sunday, August 18, 2013

Portables

I've been listening to a lot of classical music lately. I used to play the piano so I grew up listening and playing it. I forgot how much I missed it. These days, I don't play anymore (mental note: time to find a friend whose piano I can play on) but I need music to drown out the chatter at work that still allows me to concentrate. KUSC has been a godsend. Anyways, I say all of that to say that I found out on KUSC that the city of Huntington Beach offers free jazz, classical, etc...concerts in the park every Sunday through summer.

I told myself I have to go at least once this summer, so tonight is the night. And - because you can picnic, it seemed only appropriate to bring food and snacks that are portable.

This evening is Israeli couscous with grilled summer veggies, grilled chicken and blueberry mascarpone turnovers. Snacks are left over burrata, heirloom tomatoes, flat bread and almond butter from the farmers market.

Recipe details to come tomorrow because a.) I need something to blog about and b.) my friends are here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment